Under the Constitution of the ITA, membership is available to those who support the aims and work of the Society and accept its regulations. Members may be
- Ordinary membership shall be open to those in Ireland qualified to teach the theological sciences and Irish theologians abroad.
- Associate membership shall be open, at the discretion of the Committee, to those who, by reason of their particular function and competence, have a special interest in the theological sciences.
- Group membership shall be for ordinary members who, as part of a post-primary school’s Religious Education department, shall be deemed a corporate body and thus eligible for a special subscription rate.
- Honorary Life Membership shall be open to those who have made a noteworthy contribution to theological scholarship. They shall be elected by the Annual General Meeting of the Association on the recommendation of the Executive Committee. The number of Honorary Life Members shall normally not exceed ten at any given time.
The current annual dues are €30 which are used to fund our lecture series, and for postage. Associate membership and student membership is open to those with an interest in theology and is €20. For membership inquiries, please contact Michael Shortall.
To apply for membership of the ITA, please send a letter or email to Dr. Michael Shortall (secretary).
Postal address: Irish Theological Association, c/0 Dr. Michael Shortall, 6 Dunboyne House, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co. Kildare.
Please include the following information:
(Note: Personal data will be used only for necessary purposes of ITA administration and not passed on to third parties)
- Title (Mr / Ms / Dr etc.)
- Email address for ITA communications
- Postal address
- Phone number(s)
- Academic position and affiliation, if any (e.g. “University of X: Lecturer / student”)
- If no current academic affiliation, please describe your position briefly (e.g. “Independent scholar”, “Writer” etc.